Africa’s broadcast, film and music industries are increasingly developing synergies and merging through the power of electronic media. BFMA is the continent’s only business and technology event to serve the continent’s creative content and electronic media industry through an integrated educational and marketing platform. The fourth conference in the series will provide a stock-taking opportunity for stakeholders in all three industries, and empower them with the knowledge and business contacts they need to build Africa’s electronic media future.
The conference is aimed at senior and middle managers in:
• National television stations
• National radio stations.
• Pay TV companies using cable, IP-TV or satellite.
• International broadcasting services like CNN, BBC, NBC, VOA, Central China TV, Deutsche Welle, Al Jazeera, Radio Japan, Radio Moscow, Radio France International and Radio Netherlands.
• Television and film production companies.
• Facilities providers including production equipment hire, post-production and outside broadcast.
• Organisations like donors and faith-based organisations that run their own broadcast organisations for development purposes.
• Television and film equipment vendors and satellite capacity suppliers.
• Advertising and marketing agencies.
• Mobile and fixed telephone operators looking at convergence opportunities.
• Library Facilities for music, commercials and programmes.
• Pay TV – How to extend services to the bottom of the pyramid
• Local content development – Success stories and hurdles
• The Digital Transition – Assessing progress and challenges across the continent
• Innovative radio broadcasting
• Changing African TV and Radio audiences
• Building an African film industry – building synergies, collaboration and partnerships across the continent
• Animation: A new frontier for African electronic media innovation
• Sports broadcasting – carving out Africa’s stake in the run-up to London 2012
• Technological innovation – improving services, driving down costs and extending coverage
• The impact of social media – developing multi-media platforms
• The impact of convergence: IP-TV and mobile broadcasting
• Advertising models to support free-to-air content
• Piracy - Does digital media offer new ways to control piracy?
These topics are provisional and we welcome conference presentation ideas in other areas. To propose a presentation or participate in a panel discussion, email Sean Moroney on email@example.com
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1480 880774