Vodacom has reinforced its leadership role in Mozambique’s ICT sector by committing to platinum sponsorship of this year’s ICT Congress. With the theme this year of “Building on local skills and capacity to develop effective ICT solutions that address local needs”, the congress aims to showcase successful computing and communications projects and organizations in the country. The Congress will take place at Joaquim Chissano International Conference Centre over 5-6 October.
Announcing Vodacom’s sponsorship of the congress, MD José dos Santos said: “The annual ICT Congress has a vital role to play in developing the country’s ICT community and Vodacom is proud to be associated with it, taking the lead in providing the industry support that the event needs to maximize its positive impact in the market. We particularly applaud this year’s focus on capacity-building because it is a core part of Vodacom’s mission to develop local skills.”
Other sponsors of the event include Internet Solutions as Internet Sponsor and SkyeVine as VIP Lounge Sponsor.
Conference presentations confirmed for the event so far include:
• “Advancing the gender agenda for ICT professionals” by Adrian Schofield, Manager, Applied Research Unit, Joburg Centre for Software
• “The readiness of African networks for broadband” by Bill Hearmon, Chairman, African Broadband Forum, South Africa
• “The roadmap to small business success - A decade of learning” by Arthur Goldstuck, CEO, Worldwide Worx, South Africa
The Congress will include a focus session on “Banking the unbanked”, with the following presentations:
• “Payment dynamics in emerging markets” by Barry Coetzee, CEO, iVeri, South Africa
• “Extending rural banking services in Mozambique” Mulweli Rebelo, Director General, Ologa, Mozambique
• “MIFOS: An IT platform to improve the delivery of banking services for the unbanked” by Miguel Jóia Santos, Consultor, Soluções em Banca e Seguros (SBS), Mozambique
The AITEC Mozambique ICT Congress is now in its fourth year and is established as the leading computing and communications industry event for the country’s rapidly growing sector, attended each year by over 500 managers, professionals and other decision-makers in government and business. For further details email firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.aitecafrica.com