ComBIT Africa 2009
3-4 November 2009
the Lagoon Conference Centre, Lagos, Nigeria
To download the presentations from this conference please click here: http://aitec.usp.net
ComBIT Africa has it roots in Nigeria’s burgeoning telecommunications sector, having been the showcase for the industry since it was launched by ATCON 14 years ago (previously called NICOMM and changed to ComBIT in 2008). The event has grown to be the country’s premier ICT event. In light of Nigeria’s leading regional role and to the era of rapid convergence, the event has been expanded to be Africa-wide in perspective, as well as covering the full spectum of ICT technologies and strategies. It is ATCON’s mission to develop the event as the continent’s premier ICT industry event. To achieve this goal, the Association has appointed AITEC Africa, the continent’s leading organiser of ICT events, to manage the event and promote it across the continent and internationally as part of its extensive programme of exhibitions and conferences.
ComBIT has in previous years attracted extensive international participation from countries as far afield as UK, USA, Hong Kong, China, India, Israel, Korea, Dubai, Taiwan, Canada, France, Germany, Belgium, Malaysia and Lebanon, as well as numerous African countries. This widespread attendance is expected to expand even further in 2009.
ComBIT is designed to facilitate the establishment and sustenance of highly rewarding commercial partnerships between foreign investors or technology providers and local representatives, dealers, distributors as well as resellers in Nigeria. It provides a cost-effective platform for Nigerian ICT products and service providers to enhance their industry and public profiles through their active participation in this pan-industry and pan-African event.
The timing of this event in the last quarter of the year is to enable corporate customers decide on the latest ICT solutions to procure in the coming year and make adequate budgetary provision for the required solutions
The event’s aims include:
• To showcase vibrant and reliable ICT solution providers in Nigeria, Africa and leading nations of the world offering the latest and reliable technologies, systems and services in the global information and communications technology market.
• To expose the abundant investment opportunities in the Nigerian and African ICT sector with the aim of attracting more local and foreign direct investment into the sector.
• To create opportunities for establishing strategic alliances and partnerships amongst local and foreign investors for the purpose of expanding the ICT infrastructure and services in Nigeria and Africa.
• To afford corporate and individual consumers of ICT products and services ample opportunity to meet with leading and credible product and service providers in order to enhance their decision on the type of systems or services to procure for their various needs.
• To further position Nigeria and Africa as one of the largest and fastest growing ICT markets in the world, as well as a viable investment destination.